Rimmer Again..!

staaue

He is adamant we are a backward people who need bringing into line.

http://www.manxradio.com/readItem.aspx?stI...93&stCT=General

Maybe the other MHKs will tell him once and for all that at the end of the day, he is a foreigner and we don't want him changing things in this way.

The guy knows nothing about our culture, if he did he wouldn't be trying to eradicate it.

Someone egg him please.. :lol::lol:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a fair assessment.

Unless of course you think suggesting someone should throw eggs at someone else by way of addressing their point of view is an acceptable, mature practice.

I read the article linked by the way, didn't really see how it was relevant to any vague point you were attempting to make....

Seems like a fair assessment.

Unless of course you think suggesting someone should throw eggs at someone else by way of addressing their point of view is an acceptable, mature practice.

I read the article linked by the way, didn't really see how it was relevant to any vague point you were attempting to make....

Are you following what he is doing or what.... drrrrrrr :huh::huh: Do a little research, if you're still struggling; I'll spell it out for you.. :D

BTW - Who said throwing eggs was mature???? I was being nice.!!!

Are you following what he is doing or what.... drrrrrrr :huh::huh: Do a little research, if you're still struggling; I'll spell it out for you.. :D

Nope, I have no idea what he's doing. Please, elaborate.

Rimington has offered a presentation to launch a consultation into local authority reform, with a suggested way into which they operate.

Some people have clearly already made up their mind and started hurling insults before it's even begun.

If you have opinions and ideas, why don't you tell your local authority or the DLGE? They might appreciate the feedback.

staaue

The meeting hasn't even been yet so I think you are making premature assertions.

Rimington is an elected politician and minister and is at least doing something and to an extent he has a point.

Someone's place of birth in these matters has eff all to do with anything. Once you start raising that point YOU lose any credibility you might have had. Anyway, I would hardly call him an English Bulldog as you have done. staaue's previous thread

You sound as if you are one of these pompous and self important small town/village commissioners. No wonder there is an opinion that they are not required in our society.

Incidentally, I'm from down south and in my neck of the woods its about time there was a bloody good shake up of these small time ego trippers.

Sorry Staaue, but I agree with all the contra posts here. The whole Island's population wouldn't make up even a small local council in England, so the further sub-division just seems daft! How can you say that, for example, Malew's interests are different from those of Braddan?

Each parish now needs to have its own admin, support and other services, surely there would be cost-savings if the whole lot was bundled together?

In the UK each local council has to provide local amenities, but how practical is that over here? Will Lonan really be able to afford to build a swimming pool, waste disposal facility, library? Or is it right, as is the reality, that every Island resident has more or less has free access to all facilities?

There may be a case for regional authorities (which, in itself, is laughable given the size). But, alternatively, may it not be better to amalgamate the whole lot then provide a functional separation? .. Shit, that's IOMG!

Archived