Do The Police Have The Power To Tow Away?

manxchatterbox

Apparantly not.

We had to get the Police out when someone blocked the entrance to our Apartment's underground car park - we were told they [the Police] had no powers to tow the vehicle for being parked illegally, or blocking an entrance, but could 'be creative' and find another reason or something like that.

The driver returned to a Police man and a ticket and couldn't understand what she'd done wrong?!?

sounds about right for the way the system works over here...its been suggested to me to contact the DoT and report the vehicle as being "abandoned" ..'cos then they can call round stick a notice on it and if its still there in two weeks then apparently they have the power to tow/lift a vehicle away...is this correct??

sounds about right for the way the system works over here...its been suggested to me to contact the DoT and report the vehicle as being "abandoned" ..'cos then they can call round stick a notice on it and if its still there in two weeks then apparently they have the power to tow/lift a vehicle away...is this correct??

Yes and No - get yourself down to the sea terminal and talk to them, best thing to do...

Apparantly not.

We had to get the Police out when someone blocked the entrance to our Apartment's underground car park - we were told they [the Police] had no powers to tow the vehicle for being parked illegally, or blocking an entrance

Same here when I tried to get a numbnut towed that was blocking our entrance at work - the police offered to get in touch with the driver, though (number plate check), and that did the trick, as the idiot moved his bucket soon after.. Next time I catch one there, I'm just gonna park behind him, so he or she can't get anywhere either - sounds fair...

Ich erfur die Wahrheit....

but when a car has been parked two on tow off on a pavementg for over two weeks...its hazard lights if they ever were working have certainly stopped now....

...don't think letting the air out of the tyres is going to help get it moved.....

...think will be speaking with the DoT.....

?Betrachten Sie die Straßenverkehrsordnung?

Everyone has the power to let someone's tyres down......

True but having your carpark exit blocked by a car with flat tyres doesn't seem likely help clear the exit quickly! It may make them think twice in future though!

Archived