Port St Mary Harbour Appeal

Charles Flynn

Well Lone Wolf it is the decision I fought for because of all the reasons I gave.

You can't go against so many local people with genuine concerns on safety etc and disregard them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Lone Wolf it is the decision I fought for because of all the reasons I gave.

You can't go against so many local people with genuine concerns on safety etc and disregard them.

I think we can all accept the outcome of a system put in place by Tynwald.

Nevertheless I do think it is disappointing for the village. Maybe something else will come along to help regenerate the commercial life of of the village. Cant see it though.

I hope the village can be regenerated but this scheme as it stands doesn't seem to have been the answer.

There was some support for it on this Forum but I didn't notice anyone coming along to the Appeal Hearing to state their views in person. Too busy I expect.

I think the system worked. It is an excellent example of local people, environmentalists etc getting together and defeating big business with all the lawyers money can buy. I wasn't paid, neither as far as I am aware were others opposing the Marina. We were against guys getting thousands for arguing the other side. They failed because their case just wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.

As a foreign sailor intending to visit the IOM in a few weeks time I think it is a pity that there will be no small marina in PSM... Now it will probably take years before anyone will take this project again - if ever...

Holger,

There is Douglas and Peel.

It was the sea men who were against this on safety and navigation grounds. Difficult to overcome that kind of opposition. But a new scheme may come forward which will satisfy them.

There is Douglas and Peel.

Yes, you will be welcomed in both Douglas and Peel. Spend both your time and money there.

Let PSM be content with their ageing, decrepid little village.

I think it will be the last time that Govt look at investing down there for a good while.

Thanks.

Me.

When these enquiries/appeals are held do the witnesses just stand up and set out their points for supporting/opposing with their heels dug in, or do they sometimes play devils advocate to find a compromise, eg: I oppose that wall being x length, but knock off 3 foot and we'll all be happy? followed by the various parties negotiating a satisfactory outcome for all?

They might go forward and blossom, just like Ramsey did when they said the town didn't need the investment...

When these enquiries/appeals are held do the witnesses just stand up and set out their points for supporting/opposing with their heels dug in, or do they sometimes play devils advocate to find a compromise, eg: I oppose that wall being x length, but knock off 3 foot and we'll all be happy? followed by the various parties negotiating a satisfactory outcome for all?

They might go forward and blossom, just like Ramsey did when they said the town didn't need the investment...

Ramsey is terrible!!! I work there and its god awful.

Espc now with that new one way system, POINT!

Ramsey is terrible!!! I work there and its god awful.

Espc now with that new one way system, POINT!

Some of us remember Ramsey before there was any one way system.

The town is looking a bit worse for wear, marina would be a very good thing there.

I may have been on the side that was against the marina, but I do worry when I see so much support for it on this Forum that the way that planning works presently misses out people who cannot spare the time to go to Planning Hearings.

There are no compromises - the position is laid out and the case is argued. Major alterations require a new application or for the original application to have been amended before it goes to the Planning Committee.

Archived