New Out Of Town Superstore

manxchatterbox

Check out the top property sale here I assume that is the old sawmill which has now closed.

If you look through the property sales there seems to be alot of different company names, with the same address up at Park House in Braddan. Since that is Danara's Office, I think they are just other names for Dandara, to try and make it a bit less obvious that they are buying everything in sight.

Who ever let these parasites infest our Island should be ashamed of themselves.

I see they are up to their usual trick, clicky of applying for permission for something they know people will object to, so then they can change the plans later, to build what they actually wanted to build in the first place, then it is dificult for people to object then, because they have changed the plans.

"hey let's apply to build a nucular powerstation here, then when people object we can change it to a nice big music venue to replace the one we took." yeah right, parasites don't put anything back they just take.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble is that a certain builder gets what he wants because the government don't want all the guys working for him on the dole.

You cannot blame a certain builder from making the most of his situation, if you were in his shoes you would do the same thing i guess.

This all boils down to greed, and where ever money is involved principles go out the window.

I also was looking at the property sales and wondered why they have so many different names when buying land, why would you want to have so many different names?

The government are to blame for what has happened over here regarding the strangle hold some developers have.

I have said for years that the only way an average family can get on the property ladder is to have selfbuild projects run by the goverment for the people.

I am going off topic better stop ;)

I think they are just other names for Dandara, to try and make it a bit less obvious that they are buying everything in sight.

I also was looking at the property sales and wondered why they have so many different names when buying land, why would you want to have so many different names?

I think the post you were replying to answers that for you

The big problem with out of town stores is that the poorest folk cant afford to get to them. Result is that people on the lowest incomes, think of Granny for example, find themselves having to use the most expensive smaller shops.

Maybe it would be a good idea for Central Government to actively discourage this sort of out of town development and put some effort into redeveloping the town centres. Lets face it Douglas shopping centre is looking decidedly tatty these days and if we could solve a social problem as well as tiddlying up the town it would be a job well done.

Perhaps they made decide to solve that by opening one or two of their 'Tesco Express' convenience stores in the town(s) as well as a larger store on a retail estate?

Perhaps they made decide to solve that by opening one or two of their 'Tesco Express' convenience stores in the town(s) as well as a larger store on a retail estate?

The Tesco Expresses were always good when I lived in Manchester. They were of course very expensive but convenient as they were open all hours and great for munchies. M&S Simply Food are the best though as some of the lazy-meals (ready-made) they sold were real tasty.

The trouble is that a certain builder gets what he wants because the government don't want all the guys working for him on the dole.

I am going off topic better stop ;)

You may have got that statement a bit wrong the certain builder now employs cheap labour from eastern block countries and let most of the locals go, and these same imports of labour can claim Manx state benifits if sick or out of work

That is rubbish! you can only claim benefit (sickness or otherwise) if you have residency. I wonder about work permits and that statement too.

Edit - Sorry Tool, I was answering you but became side tracked, anyway....I do most evenings. I find convenience food far from convenient. Last night we had baked cod with a medditerainian sauce (cod coated in olive oil, splash of Basil n sun dried tomato puree - slam in 220 oven for 8mins - luvery and I dont even like fish) took 8 minutes to cook, all the frozen stuff takes at least 20 mins. I blame the media and supermarkets, you never see Special Deals on handy things (Olive oil n the like) always on Pizza and pies. Tonight I am on strike and am messing around on here when I should be making wholesome!!

If a Company has not traded previously i.e. either "off the shelf" or a new company,

and that company acquires a property,

just the one property,

and trades no further,

then at a later date sells the property for a handsome profit,

then because it hasn't traded and earned "income",

it will pay no "income" tax as it will not have earned any "income" but it will have made a capital gain and you

know where doesn't levy capital gains tax.

Also if a company owns a property,

again just the one property,

and the company gets sold,

guess what?..................no conveyancing fees, so stamp duty etc ect

That's why Dan the man and his rich pals have lots of companies, so that they avoid taxes and fees.

Easy innit?

The Bees thanks for that you got me mouth watering lol, you are also right they seem to do the bog of's on all the cheap stuff.

Well as for the illegals FCMR is right, i was chatting to a bricky and he was telling me he is on a job with a load of polish and russian plasterers, he said they work all day for half the price of the local's then when they make enough they go back.

He said the island has a load over here at the moment.

I guess most office workers don't see this side of the island because you are not in the trade.

You may have got that statement a bit wrong the certain builder now employs cheap labour from eastern block countries and let most of the locals go, and these same imports of labour can claim Manx state benifits if sick or out of work

Only if they are resident can they claim benefit and if they are resident what's the problem? Any one who works or has worked on the island should have the right to claim benefit if they are unfortunate enough to become unemployed.

Where is the proof that Dandara have 'let most of the locals go'?

The certain company employs many Rusians,Polish, Spanish and Croations, they are not the only company, the Building trade on the Island is full of imported cheap labour. Example we were working on a Government building before Xmas, the two Blokes that were doing the Tiling were Polish they told us they were being paid £5-80 ph and could work as many hours as they wanted, they are living in a flat with six other Polish workers.

Euro Manx employ Spanish and Greeks on their flights, very Manx indeed

Archived