Prom Closure

púca

I was leaving some dudes home after a poker session about 02:00hrs this morning and the prom was shut. Looked like there was a serious accident. Ambulances, fire brigades, police, etc. Anyone know what happened?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a cab home from my mates house early this morning, the driver was telling me that one taxi was doing a u turn and ploughed into the side of the other. As far as she knew nobody had been seriously hurt, but the fire brigade had had to go down and cut someone out of one of the cabs as theyd been trapped by the impact. Thats all I know.

I got a cab home from my mates house early this morning, the driver was telling me that one taxi was doing a u turn and ploughed into the side of the other. As far as she knew nobody had been seriously hurt, but the fire brigade had had to go down and cut someone out of one of the cabs as theyd been trapped by the impact. Thats all I know.

A taxi doing a u-turn on the prom without paying any attention to other traffic. I find that hard to believe ;)

stupid taxi drivers. one day they'll cause someones death.
Another well formulated and thought off comment... <_<

I still think that someone who drives for a living is likely to be more skilled behind the wheel than joe average - and accidents happen, with or without taxis.

To say all cabbies are stupid is a bit harsh.....

BTW: Has anything been in the news about that yet?

"Queens Prom closed last night after taxi crash

14th January 2006

3FM

Queens’s promenade was closed for a while last night last night after two taxis crashed.

It is thought the cars involved were a silver Skoda and silver Mondeo.

Police say there was only one minor injury but it is reported 3 people were taken to hospital"

stupid taxi drivers. one day they'll cause someones death.

They already have. Some years ago a man was killed crossing the road on central prom when he was hit by a taxi. There have been other road deaths involving taxis but too long ago for me to remember any details.

What bothers me more than the 'U' turns on the prom is the number of people who are prepared to walk out infront of a taxi in a desperate bid to get them to stop.

When it's past midnight, you're on your own and freezing your arse off you're prepared to do an awful lot to grab the Holy Grail of a cab actually stopping for you.

However I stopped doing this 10 years ago. What's it like these days?

Archived