Prom Closure

púca

...using the same sort of technology that was used last year on TT bikes to track them and their speeds...
induction type/wireless loops to be embedded in the roads coming into Douglas...all cars to be fitted with a transponder prior to the renewal of annual licence..and everytime the vehicle travels over the induction loop between the hours of 08:00 and 09:00 am the vehicle owner gets billed £10....whereas the park and ride service during that time is only £3......easy...well done the guy in the DoT who thought of that (?)

Er..if it was that easy, then why did the city of London spend millions of pounds on number plate recognition technology?

Sorry, mate - you're talking b****. A congestion charge system here wouldn't make any sense - the costs involved would be out of this world, and the results would in no way justify it.

I shouldn't even waste my time replying to rubbish like this, but I can't help it...

How exactly would that be enforced with "induction type/wireless loops" and "transponders"? What if I switch the transponder off, or refuse to fit it? No cameras - no candy, and these cameras (as mentioned above) cost a steady sum, and would need to be mounted on every road going into Douglas - oh, and you'd need a network and control room, as well as the administrative infrastructure behind it - all not cheap...

"and as for the source, if I tell you I'll have to shoot you" as James Bond or someone like him said.

You may want to apply the mentioned James Bond tactics to your source, rather than the people asking for it.

Give us a credible source, and we may believe you - I can tell you that I just made a phone call to one of my very credible sources regarding this, and it's very much not true. Maybe you need a better source, or you've been stitched up - not that credibility would really be an issue when you post something....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived