Is Richard Branson Heading Our Way?

manxchatterbox

From the MR web-site:-

"Space tourist firm to run the rule over the Island.

A " Space tourism" company is to check out the Island next week.

Treasury Minister Allan Bell says the call from the firm, as yet unnamed, came

as he prepared to ask Tynwald for close to a million pounds to promote and market the new space industry sector on the Island.

Tynwald agreed unanimously to hand over the cash.

Mr Bell says the call was completely unheralded"

I remeber that after taking the Gibbs Aquada across the English Channel Richard Branson blurbed on about his space tourism efforts and told the MR interviewer "watch this space"....we have been and are still waiting..guess it would only need some media type to put in a call to Richard and ask him if its him whose checking out the IOM......

The Isle of Man and our Government in particular go love-struck and woosy as soon as a celebrity gives us any attention.

Just look at how much we were bowled over by Vanessa Feltz for example.

Manx Radio - Vanesaa

Manx RAdio Vanessa Visits

So if a man like Richard Branson just whispers 'Isle of Man' we'll follow him to the ends of the earth.

I remeber that after taking the Gibbs Aquada across the English Channel Richard Branson blurbed on about his space tourism efforts and told the MR interviewer "watch this space"....we have been and are still waiting..guess it would only need some media type to put in a call to Richard and ask him if its him whose checking out the IOM......

"Watch this space" is media speak for I've got nothing planned and means he can forget about the Island until it suits (if it ever does), while ballbags like you watch that space

So if a man like Richard Branson just whispers 'Isle of Man' we'll follow him to the ends of the earth.

... and keep going all the way into the big black.

It's a novel idea all this 'space tourism' stuff but they're not even launch into 'proper' space, just going high enough that you have a sensation of weightlessness. When they go to the moon and back then I might consider a trip.

Or at the very least go to the space sation.

If Richard Branson is heading our way then you can be sure that Donny Gelling will be one of the first to meet him.

Mr Gelling has proudly announced his meetings with our current celeb majeure Jeremy Clarkson. And that was over what the CM described in Tynwald as a problem with just 'a little bit of land'.

My neighbour's cat keeps shatting in our cabbage patch and the kids keep using the bottom of the garden as a short cut. I wonder if Don will come and have a chat with me about that??

. . . . . probably.

When they go to the moon and back then I might consider a trip.

Balls to that! I want to go to a planet with a green sky and fight to the death amidst polystyrene boulders with some 'creature' that looks like a man in a rubber suit, to the strains of the star trek fight music.

THAT's what space exploration is all about! :D

When they go to the moon and back then I might consider a trip.

Balls to that! I want to go to a planet with a green sky and fight to the death amidst polystyrene boulders with some 'creature' that looks like a man in a rubber suit, to the strains of the star trek fight music.

THAT's what space exploration is all about! :D

I am not wearing a red uniform!

Wouldn't mind a couple of those Orion lasses though, now they're ladies I don't mind wearing make-up (oops, wrong thread).

Anyway, I don't quite think the IOM is the right place to have a Kennedy Space Center type affair, but since the UK are trying to balls up their efforts in the space industry I don't see why our fair Isle can't have a bash.

If Richard Branson is heading our way then you can be sure that Donny Gelling will be one of the first to meet him.

Mr Gelling has proudly announced his meetings with our current celeb majeure Jeremy Clarkson. And that was over what the CM described in Tynwald as a problem with just 'a little bit of land'.

My neighbour's cat keeps shatting in our cabbage patch and the kids keep using the bottom of the garden as a short cut. I wonder if Don will come and have a chat with me about that??

. . . . . probably.

Oh you mean the Honourable Donald Gelling, Prime Minister of the Isle of Man! :lol:

post-105-1138270249_thumb.jpg

From: http://uaeinteract.com/news/default.asp?dd...=55&image2.y=16

At least you weren't talking about His Excellency Alex Downie, Minister of Trade and Industry :lol:

post-105-1138271145_thumb.jpg

From: http://www.dcci.ae/contents.asp?Page=news1...cookie%5Ftest=1

Stav.

Archived