Paedophile Teachers In Schools (and Such)

nipper

I cant help thinking at least one of the guys mentioned in the press and on TV had a raw deal to say the least.

As for the Isle of Man, I cant ever remember teachers doing or saying anything inappropriate to kids during my time at school. It must be extremely rare surely ?

....but it doesn't happen in the Isle of Man folks

does it.

Yes it did.

King William's College - circa 10 years ago (?) one of the teachers was jailed and apparently had been in trouble before but I forget the exact details of the previous incident. I remember the name of the governer who appointed him to KWC, I think (am not 100% sure) governor knew about the past history.

FWIW he taught me biology and was a decent teacher.

No names, no pack drill, no legal issues I hope!

Yes it did.

King William's College - circa 10 years ago (?) one of the teachers was jailed and apparently had been in trouble before but I forget the exact details of the previous incident. I remember the name of the governer who appointed him to KWC, I think (am not 100% sure) governor knew about the past history.

I think this is unfortunately innaccurate. It was 1986 ... maybe 85 ... and I'm pretty certain the police weren't involved.

Maybe a mod needs to edit the posts

It can be stated accurately that the head of biology who was also the head of the boarding house for under 13 boys left the school (I remember it being described as retired) with immediate effect after a complaint was made by the father of a boy temporarily boarding at the school.

If abuse happenned today, I'd expect the police to be involved ... the world has changed; I think for the better in this respect.

Yes it did.

I think this is unfortunately innaccurate. It was 1986 ... maybe 85 ... and I'm pretty certain the police weren't involved.

Maybe a mod needs to edit the posts

It can be stated accurately that the head of biology who was also the head of the boarding house for under 13 boys left the school (I remember it being described as retired) with immediate effect after a complaint was made by the father of a boy temporarily boarding at the school.

If abuse happenned today, I'd expect the police to be involved ... the world has changed; I think for the better in this respect.

And was sent to prison on the Island not so many years ago - I remember this or am I having an extraordinary senior moment? 4 or 5 years term?

Oddly enough I find nothing while using Google.

Just called the source of all wisdom - my mother. There was a custodial sentence but she can't remember whether it was on the Island or the mainland.

So I'm not losing my marbles.

Maybe someone can dig up the reports from the Manx papers.

There was a maths teacher at Ramsey Grammar who had an "innapropriate relationship" with a 15 year old female student when I was there and also a lab tech who did the same. As far as anyone knew though these were the first offences so they weren't really cases of known "Paedos" getting a job in a school. (And from memory, it wasn't like the girls involved didn't know what they were doing either)

Archived