1 Cornhill - London...

Last Ten

Just done a quick Google search for "1 Cornhill" in London and low and behold our Isle of Man presence in London is also the presence for 100,s of other organisations as well.

Maybe I am just being a lttle negative tonight :(

It sounds like a serviced office facility (registered office is something quite different) and they are very common in London for operations that want to have a pied a terre (can't do the right accents) facility without carrying the cost of full office leasing and staff employment. It's good, as long as there is some office space that is rented exclusively by the IOM so that it can present and push the brand.

No, hats off to IOM Govt for this initiative. Hopefully, it will be well used and also used as a venue to launch new initiatives in the heart of London. If there is a permanent establishment there (i.e. a staffing) it also presents an opportunity to do some direct and sustained marketing of the IOM in its widest sense, whereas before, all we have had is ad hoc, in and out, marketing presentations.

Someone from our office called the appropriate bit of IOM Govt today to get more info on the facility, but they didn't have any prices, details or other information. Apparently they went onto the website and there was very little there either! We do have an office in London, but there will be times when it would be preferable for many businesses, particularly when collaborating with others, not to present one corporate image but rather the IOM!

Pity the info seems so difficult to get hold of!

Yes I fully support this sort of development.

Why don't we consider a private jet sharing initiative?

The government buys 'airtime' and can fly in important individuals etc.

Private enterprises also buy 'airtime' and can fly in their own important clients/staff.

Remember this was MY idea!

This is my first response and I really must say your attitiude is a disgrace. We have a marvellous government doing it's very best to ensure that the really important people benefit from Manx connections.

You must realize that tax avoidance and money laundering are very important to our economy. Granted it provides real advantage to the important people but eventually even the lower orders may benefit. I have many contacts in government and can assure you that people of your ilk are under constant scrutiny. How dare you try to undermine THE important residents of this island?

MDM

Speaking up for reinsurance

Archived