Manx Labour Party

manxchatterbox

appealling to the younger affluent and AB socio-economic potential voters

Like?

A tunnel to connect the Island to Ireland and Wales

Guarenteed protection against Tsunamis, Bovine TB and Council House Dwellers.

War with Jersey - that'll teach them to close our banks.

Litarery tourism to see the places where George Bernard Shaw didn't write Love On the Dole.

An end to rumours of sex scandals.

Competitive tendering for muzak.

Fewer "No Dogs" signs, concrete slabs, Towers of Refuge, coastal fences, emergency sirens, steps off Douglas Prom, hotels, cruises,babies born in December, and English people protesting against other English people.

But more inane, unresearched, pointless questions, that anyone with access to Google can answer.

If you ever run for the Keys, you'd better hope none of your opponents read this site.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought loco's went on the railway line....

Why don't you sit on a railway line and wait for one? And just in case you don't know what "In loco parentis" means, click here.

manxchatterbox: Vere furis! Fac ut vivas! Tace atque abi!

Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur..... :rolleyes:

Why is everyone being so mean to MCB? S/he asked a serious question and Declan's link reply didn't provide the answer. So, does anyone know the actual policies of the MLP?

As for the party system on the island - most MHKs are independents by default. Parties aren't banned and infact MLP have been in operation since around 1918 and currently have 2 members. A party system on the island might help stop the corruption which is ripe and help the island towards a common goal (hopefully full independence). At least with political parties you have some idea of what the candidate will vote for.

I thought loco's went on the railway line....

Why don't you sit on a railway line and wait for one? And just in case you don't know what "In loco parentis" means, click here.

manxchatterbox: Vere furis! Fac ut vivas! Tace atque abi!

Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur..... :rolleyes:

Amadeus

Please read my post, I am not suggesting MCB is in loco parentis, but in loco parenthesis (ie. brackets). It was a pun, that's all!

Amadeus

Please read my post, I am not suggesting MCB is in loco parentis, but in loco parenthesis (ie. brackets). It was a pun, that's all!

er...noted! :)

Why is everyone being so mean to MCB?

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm not being mean - its simple self defence:

MCB is carpetbombingposting, and I'm getting my Flak out....

post-1086-1138053484_thumb.jpg

...i.e. voicing my opinion in an in-direct way - that's all...

Parties aren't banned and infact MLP have been in operation since around 1918 and currently have 2 members.

The Manx Labour Party have many more members than 2 !!

The person who started this thread has no interest in the Manx Labour Party and has responded to

suggestions with a load of gibberish. God help us if she is serious about a political career.

Anyone who wants to find a little more about the party will have to go to one of its regular meetings. There are several branches and I have suggested Dave Cretney would oblige with advice.

probably difficult to appreciate in this day and age but the MLP obviously havent progressed to the extent they have a web page. Maybe thats something they should do.

Archived