Ballamodha Straight Accident

Cholmondley-Warner

I just heard William Fargher on Manx Radio at lunch time talking about the horrendous accident on Ballamodha Straight last year that resulted in serious injury to his two brothers and of course the death of two women which resulted in the recent court case.

William Fargher was very articulate and fair minded (under the circumstances) as he described the injuries to his brothers, their ongoing therapy in their attempt to regain health and normality in their lives and what they and their family have been through since the accident. The story is heart rending and my sympathy goes out to them all, the strength of their family bond has helped them through the darkest days of their lives and I wish them all well for the future.

I know this is a long time after the event but thank you all for your views on this subject

I am William Fargher the man in this topic and my younger brothers Pete and Rob were injured in that accident

Rob was left with no movement or feelings in his body from his navel down ( guys remember where your brain is ) (when found lying in the road his heels were touching the back of his head !!!! ) he cant tell if he has eaten too much ,needs a pee or worse. he had to leave our gem of a home and go to England simply because the Isle of Man cant cope with people in wheel chairs

Pete (17 at the time of the accident) is totally dependant on his care workers and family and will never have a normal life he has been left a cripple with litlte or no movement on his left side amongst many other issues

neither of these young men will ever have a normal life and me and my wife wont either because we have been left picking up the pieces after this

the guy who caused this ended up with 16 years in prison ( 2x8 for killing the 2 women nothing for the 2 lads) but will only serve 3.5 years. the sentence he was served because of the pc brigade and do gooders who never have to face the consequences of their actions ( or his)

He has never admitted it was his fault and even dragged us all through an appeal against his sentence !!!!!!!!!!! he was is a pathetic representation to what he has done to those left picking up the pieces of his actions

I am very bitter to him and my thoughts are of revenge because of what he has done to me and mine (and the Corletts)

He will NEVER understand what he has done to the others affected in this and all he thinks about is how wrongly he has been treated

I say that a prison term ( be it a week or life) should be what it says not reduced for ANY reason if your good you get released after the sentence if your bad add more to it

And prison should be a punishment not an hotel!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't offer any consolation to you William but for what it's worth, I hope that somehow life might gradually improve for you & your family in some way.

What Cret said. I know only too much how much RTA's can hurt so much longer than people remember. Good post and thank you.

Archived