Sitting Members - One At A Time (4) David Cannan

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This week it's the turn of John David Qualtrough Cannan, MHK for Michael since 1982.

In his favour - he is genuinely independent and not afraid of asking the 'difficult' questions. So he definitely doesn't appear to be 'one of the boys.'

Against - he will be 70 in August and some might think that it's time for a change if a suitable younger candidate was to become available.

I've voted yes. Always gets to the point and sticks to it.

Sometimes I disagree with everything he says but I believe he is genuine and states his opinion honestly. He has moral fibre so gets my vote.

I voted yes for David Cannan. He has been hard working and determined in his efforts throughout his political career. His ability to conduct himself in such a distinguished manor when warranted by the occasion often puts other MHKs to shame. Yet he is a modest and thoroughly down to earth man who genuinely listens to the electorate and acts on their behalf, unlike some MHKs who think they know best once they are voted in and go on to start telling everyone what they want.

His experience is unquestionably important in the next term should we see some of the rotten wood removed from Tynwald in the next election.

Therefore, I will not be standing against him (this time) ;)

I have voted yes, Mr Cannan is a man of the people who takes no shit and tells us, the general public just how it really is :huh: It will take a very strong person to nominate themselves against him in the general election this November.

This is a great idea Lonan3, just a quick one for the mods, but can these sections all be grouped together somehow, i.e 1,2,3,4,5 and so on and so forth so that they can be easier accessed and found on Manx Forums?

If I have missed something and you have grouped them, well I am stupid and humbly apologise :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I've always found David Cannan to be a decent sort of chap.

He cares for the Island and seems to be a good constituency man.

I thought Stu Peters didn't do a very good job at hiding his personal feelings in the interview with DC on Mandate today, about yet another proposed Dandara development in Michael.

You seem a generally good bloke Stu, don't wreck your reputation by practicing the occasional Paxman when you're having a bad Monday morning. [nipper, insert smilie here >>] :)

Maybe best leave all that malarkey until nearer the election when you can give all the candidates a bit of stick equally.

I voted Yes.

This is a really excellent idea Lonan but couldn't we have the name in the title? I get confused. So instead of

Sitting Members - One At A Time (4)

why not have

Topic Title Sitting Members - One At A Time.

Topic Description David Cannan MHK - Michael.

I think it would make it much easier to follow each thread.

This week it's the turn of John David Qualtrough Cannan, MHK for Michael since 1982.

Archived