Petrol,power And Gas

LoneWolf

This document is produced by DTI in England every three months. it contains one hell of a lot of information

but answers nearly all the questions I have seen asked about fuel and energy prices UK v IOM.

Its a biggie so probably not a good idea with a dial up connection.

Price Comparisons

in my opinion we might do well to lobby Tynwald to produce a local version of this. I think it would do a lot more good than the hotch potch of mickey mouse enquiries and occasional rants from MHKs

I'm on dial up, but are you able to summarise the comparative costs on a like-for-like basis?

One of the difficulties I have is comparing the cost of one source of energy as against another as they are charged on a different basis. We know the price per therm/litre/unit, but what energy does a therm/litre/unit actually provide? Wouldn't it be better to price energy in terms of calories (or another unit of energy) across the board so that there is direct comparison?

I'm on dial up, but are you able to summarise the comparative costs on a like-for-like basis?

One of the difficulties I have is comparing the cost of one source of energy as against another as they are charged on a different basis. We know the price per therm/litre/unit, but what energy does a therm/litre/unit actually provide? Wouldn't it be better to price energy in terms of calories (or another unit of energy) across the board so that there is direct comparison?

Manx Gas and MEA both price out in Kwh.

This document sets out prices for different commodities in different places and also links to spreadsheets containing the data tables. Gives Min, average and max prices. Surprisingly, some of the high end prices are similar to those charged here.

The file size is 1.05 Meg .. if your patient itll come down on dial up. I just thought it might be a little too big for internet forum users who may not want to hang around too long.

Its pdf doc btw.

Archived