• Last Reply

Right, here we go with the picture section then:

post-1086-1138730781_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138730856_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1138730880_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138731076_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1138730934_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138730961_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1138731018_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138731148_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1138731045_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138730995_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1138731099_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138731124_thumb.jpg

I agree that it doesn't look really good, especially for a place in the middle of town - the statue has quite a few skateboard marks on it (can't really see that it the pic), there's plenty of the mentioned rubbish, and even an electric wire in the water - yikes....

Steal my thunder why don'tcha? ;)

Who? Me? :whistling:

The more, the better, or? :)

Took some of the skate park at Nobles as well (only because my car is parked near it):

post-1086-1138731918_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138731954_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1138732122_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138732194_thumb.jpg

There was only one guy + BMX up there when I took them, but he pointed out something rather interesting regarding the big half pipe:

post-1086-1138732321_thumb.jpg

Basically, he mentioned that when it was first installed, it had wooden decking (as you would more or less expect), but apparently that wore down too fast, and was replaced with sheet metal. As the metal provided no grip for BMX/skateboard wheels, they now applied "grip-paint" which, when you look at it closely, very much resembles sanding paper (even feels like it).

post-1086-1138732500_thumb.jpg post-1086-1138732529_thumb.jpg

I guess you don't need to be a skateboarder to work out that this will wear down your gear pretty quickly - and I wouldn't want to fall on it :blink:

Maybe that somehow explains why some people don't go there - although the chap pointed out that it does get very busy up there at times...

If they used concrete there would not be a problem.

Like always they didnt contact a skate organisation for the imput.

Trouble with most things on the isle of man is if they don't make money from it they don't care.

U need to realise they don't give a fUck about anything other than their wages

Sorry to bring this up again...

Its been talked about now, but the square still looks the same (at least it did when I walked past on Monday) - I had a faint hope that certain people might have noticed the thread, and sent someone down to at least clean it up a bit (thinking that it can't look good if something like that is in the public domain)... Seems, that hope was misplaced...

Now, this is just an idea, but what would you think if we organise some sort of clean-up operation from the Forum?

Say, next Sunday 2pm or something - bring a few bin bags, gloves and shovels, and let's at least clean all the rubbish up - won't take long, and we might as well turn it into a little ManxForums meeting in the middle of town, with option to occupy a pub of our choice afterwards?....

Just an idea....

Sorry to bring this up again...

Its been talked about now, but the square still looks the same (at least it did when I walked past on Monday) - I had a faint hope that certain people might have noticed the thread, and sent someone down to at least clean it up a bit (thinking that it can't look good if something like that is in the public domain)... Seems, that hope was misplaced...

Now, this is just an idea, but what would you think if we organise some sort of clean-up operation from the Forum?

Say, next Sunday 2pm or something - bring a few bin bags, gloves and shovels, and let's at least clean all the rubbish up - won't take long, and we might as well turn it into a little ManxForums meeting in the middle of town, with option to occupy a pub of our choice afterwards?....

Just an idea....

Im up for that, i love cleaning.............i will be there with my marigolds.

I will be going past the Villiers today so i will take a look for myself :)

Hope there isnt too many skater dudes down there though if we do having this cleaning thing :unsure:

Archived