Villiers Square

Furry Mongoose

mmmhhh.

I know who the druggie dealers are.

My neighbour knows who the druggie dealers are.

Just about every geezer down the pub knows who the druggie deales are.

And yet......and yet....the people who we pay a damn good wage (to say nothing of the guaranteed pension we'll be paying them) apparently haven't got a fucken clue.

Suggestion:

Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111

Police: 631212

The police still wont do anything. Its a waste of time calling them, they will laugh. I used to work in a Douglas pub, i walked out one night cos the entire place was full of druggies and where were the police? They did a couple of raids on one or two of them but left the majority of the dealers to carry on. As far as i know, the brewery are aware of it too but probably wont do anything in case they lose profits.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Sat in the 'town square' yesterday for lunch.

The place is an absolute joke - the water feature wasn't on and was full of rubbish (the thing looks like it needs pulling down).

The back wooden panelled wall was covered in poorly removed or faded graffiti.

There was a random pile of soil.

Oh and the whole place still needs a serious lick of paint!!!

well said Beckett....

as I said on other thread (somehow this one had slipped my mind) :-

- we walked through it today on the way back to the car with our shopping and its like a used tampon - a bloody mess. From recollection the Corpy don't yet own it and its still the responsibility of the developer AXA...

and the lane that runs from Regent Street through to Victoria Street looks like a rubbish tip....

and who owns the overgrown site at the end of Regent Street which has a hoarding round it...that's even worse...

Doesn't the Corpy have the ability to serve "improvement notices" on property owners..requiring them to take action??? Does anyone know why nothing is being done about these three grot spots???

• 3 months later...

interestingly seems like its just when it suits them that the the Corpy washes its hands of the rubbish etc the "town square"....'cos with teh proposal for their to be an ice rink there at Chrsitmas the Council have resolved that:

"a daily fee of £25 for the hire of the Square be levied on the Operator..."

.....so if it doesn't own the Square and isn't responsible for it how come it can charge for its use????

interestingly seems like its just when it suits them that the the Corpy washes its hands of the rubbish etc the "town square"....'cos with teh proposal for their to be an ice rink there at Chrsitmas the Council have resolved that:

"a daily fee of £25 for the hire of the Square be levied on the Operator..."

.....so if it doesn't own the Square and isn't responsible for it how come it can charge for its use????

I guess you are referring to item 10 (iv) on the "Agenda of Council meeting held 08th August 2006", which can be found here?

The full text reading

(iv) That a daily fee of £25.00 for the hire of the Square be levied on the operator (the cost of electricity to be in addition to this charge) and that all revenue arising from the hire fee be ring-fenced by the Douglas Development Partnership for expenditure on Town Centre environmental improvement projects.”

(iv) That a daily fee of £25.00 for the hire of the Square be levied on the operator (the cost of electricity to be in addition to this charge) and that all revenue arising from the hire fee be ring-fenced by the Douglas Development Partnership for expenditure on Town Centre environmental improvement projects.”

That'll make a big difference.

• 7 months later...

Much like the other "attractions" around douglas like the fountains and seating areas if they were maintained with any level of regularity or care then they would be much improved.

There seems to be an attitude of once we build it that's all we have to do and anything else is a chore.

Much like the other "attractions" around douglas like the fountains and seating areas if they were maintained with any level of regularity or care then they would be much improved.

There seems to be an attitude of once we build it that's all we have to do and anything else is a chore.

It really might be time to head down with some paint brushes and some paint for a flashmob clean!! :P

Surely they'll do something with it before TT?

doubt it

last year they shoved that free fall "ride" there and just left it as waste ground practically

the christmas lights are still there wound into the wire mesh ffs

Archived