Quayside Renovation

mollag

Wuhu - the new part of the Marina is currently taking shape:

post-1086-1153473905_thumb.jpgpost-1086-1153473916_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1153473929_thumb.jpgpost-1086-1153473947_thumb.jpg

The speed with which things are taking shape down here is breathtaking - I'm telling you: The whole of North Quay will soon be the hippest part of town :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last week saw someone nearly getting wiped out as they came across the stone bridge and turned right into North Quay by going over the 'yellow stuff' :(

Suppose thay can't put barriers on there as it would stop wagons getting round the corner both ways

I suppose it's the fault of putting writing on the road 20 yards before the corner, some people don't think that far ahead !!!!!

My only complaint is that it's very difficult to pick people up from places such as Coasters or the Bridge. If the customer isn't ready when the taxi arrives, it's almost impossible to wait for them without blocking the whole thoroughfare.

isn't the lay-by outside the bridge for pick-up set-down purposes???

It is... but a number of inconsiderate a***holes park their vehicles there in the evening and cause problems for everyone else!

Theskeat Posted Jul 23 2006, 12:38 AM

Thats my personal parking space most weekends

Right! 'nough said!

• 3 weeks later...

A small historical moment - the last bits of the the new marina are lowered into the harbour and slotted into place by what looks like a small steamer:

North_Quay_Marina.3gp

post-1086-1155295696_thumb.jpgpost-1086-1155295653_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1155295669_thumb.jpgpost-1086-1155295606_thumb.jpg

Soon, the likes of Mr Abramovich will be able to tie up their little boats there and go for a coffee on the Quay...

I have never worked out why they (DOT) did not just turn Railway hill and Atholl street to run the other way so traffic comes in via leigh terrace throw a left over EB's bridge straight up railway hill and along Atholl street towards prospect hill, then all trafic leaving douglas can make its way down past the Cop shop ,over the New Bridge and along south quay, traffic problem Sorted me thinks

Oh hang on but that would be using common sense :ph34r:

Archived