Ba Rips In

mollag

Just checked BA for return flights to Manchester 28th May to 12th June

Last week £87

Today £268

More than trebled

All flights May and June £134 each way.

Contacted BA and they reasure me that is no error but a response to demand?

So much for the re launch of BA services, to make life easier for our customers, we have trebled the prices.

Just checked BA for return flights to Manchester 28th May to 12th June

Last week £87

Today £268

More than trebled

All flights May and June £134 each way.

Contacted BA and they reasure me that is no error but a response to demand?

So much for the re launch of BA services, to make life easier for our customers, we have trebled the prices.

Something's happened - prices to LGW have also shot up. I think this is an error - I would wait a few days.

For example: they are quoting cheaper prices for IOM <=> LGW <=> ZRH than simply IOM <=> LGW for exactly the same flights.

Example April 4th - 12th, return ZRH is GBP 151.40 via LGW whereas return to LGW is GBP 350!

So their database is screwed up at the moment.

BA bookings and BA customer services where adamant it was not an error but a response to demand

It's all that checking of the prices on the website you've been doing. They think "WOW! Lots of people want to travel on these days, lets screw them!" unaware that it's just you!

I thought likewise but BA bookings and BA customer services where adamant it was not an error but a response to demand.

I hope i and they are wrong on this.

No,

The system's gone wrong.

If IOM <=> LGW <=> ZRH is cheaper than IOM <=> LGW then trust me it's broken. IOM <=> LGW <=> ZRH is two seperate tickets, not a single through ticket. It's identical to IOM <=> LGW then with LGW <=> ZRH.

Also the prices I see now for IOM <=> LGW <=> ZRH are too cheap I think.

if you're after a cheapish flight to manchester or luton, you couldt try aer arran, i got a return to manchester last week for about £94.00 return.

I got IOM-Luton return for 10th Feb for 74.20 last week with BA City

BA bookings and BA customer services where adamant it was not an error but a response to demand

It's all that checking of the prices on the website you've been doing. They think "WOW! Lots of people want to travel on these days, lets screw them!" unaware that it's just you!

The sneaky toerags :angry:

I got IOM-Luton return for 10th Feb for 74.20 last week with BA City

i booked my flight the night before i travelled, as i hadn't expected to be going. I'm sure you can get cheaper, but i didn't think that was too bad for the night before. i've paid a lot more over the same route with other airlines.

BA Sale ends tonight (end of Jan)

The "new look" BA flight structure goes live in March I believe - so February might not be a good time to book or fly with them.

Goes live as of tomorrow ( 01/02/2006 ), confirmed from my sister who works for BA.

Archived