Vat Goes Up

FCMR

Manx Radio News have just stated that the Vat rate on refurbished properties is to return to the old rate of17.5% as of today, this is due to Poland objecting to the lower rate. That being the case then why dont the Government kick the F*****G Polish workers off the Island. And while on the subject I witnessed 2 poles collect their benifits from the post office yesterday, :angry:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VAT rate on refurbished properties or VAT rate on property refurbishments?

Vat rate charged to refurbish properties

And how did you know they were from Poland??

The other person I was with knows them from another building site that they used to work on.

They're EU citizens. Shut up.

They are not f*****g Manx, they are cheap Polish labour taking the bread out of other peoples mouths

They are not f*****g Manx, they are cheap Polish labour taking the bread out of other peoples mouths

How very dramatic! Maybe local contractors shouldnt have spent the last 20 years fucking over the locals and there may be some customer loyalty.

Now you are talking a load of S***, you only have to look at the Mess thats been made by the non Manx workers that have been ripping of the Locals, MEA,Iris<wedding Cake,Airport,Court House & Registry, Hospital, and whos going to build the New Hospice and get paid with the money raised by the Locals ;);)

At the new Hospital only one package went to a local Firm, Parkinsons and its the only building without any faults.

How very dramatic! Maybe local contractors shouldnt have spent the last 20 years fucking over the locals and there may be some customer loyalty.

:lol: Nice one WSAG

Well said!

AND, dont all these cheap new housing estates look good, you know the ones built by the non locals, lets see how long they last, you get what you pay for at the end of the day

I have a vague idea that the locals pass the planning laws and are responsible for enforcing them, but as a come-over I could be wrong. Only been on the Island for 43 years...

what was wrong with the other thread on this subjectof VAT rates ???????

Replying to the thread you started whould have meant FCMR was acknowledging you as the new Queen of the Skeet. I guess he isn't ready to concede the crown just yet.

What a topic lol

Its was started with a good topic and ends up as a slagging match.

Lets get back to the topic please.

What FCMR is trying to tell you is that not so local companies are employing polish labour and when they finish with them they are staying here and WORKING ASWELL AS CLAIMING.

Double bubble as us locals call it.

What will happen now the VAT rate has gone up is it will have a knock on effect and locals will lose work from it.

Get ready for a rise in unemployment.

Archived