The Craic Was 90 In The Isle Of Man

Declan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why has IOM Examiner put a black strip across each face of the guys in the car....the sad bastards were quite happy at letting everyone know who they were in the video..

Not sure but i'm guessing a legal issue as they don't know the ages (except the driver who must be 16+) and haven't asked the people if they want there picture in a local paper!

why has IOM Examiner put a black strip across each face of the guys in the car....the sad bastards were quite happy at letting everyone know who they were in the video..

They were wearing black electrical tape over their eyes - fools! Now thats just downright dangerous! :ermm:

A long time ago, I suppose I was the 80’s version of the fools in the video. Back then, we had a video camera the size of grenade launcher and once mounted it inside a car and filmed ourselves racing with the other lunatics on Mad-Sunday. The car was a Citroen CX Safari, seven seats full of teenagers going over the mountain road at speeds of over 125mph overtaking wherever possible and as dangerously as you like. There were beer cans all over the car, everyone was pissed (bar me) and the stereo was pumping out Dire Straits so distorted it sounded like ZZ Top.

Seat belts were not legally required and airbags and crumple-zones were not invented. During that day, we saw many accidents, some of them fatal. Nevertheless, it did not slow us down, the adrenalin was far more powerful than fear and the risks seemed worth it.

My point is that most of us have done dangerous and stupid things at some time or another. Some of us have been stupid enough to video them. For those of us who have been fortunate enough to escape with our lives, and not take anyone else’s for that matter, we have teenage memories that will live fondly with us for years to come, even if we are acutely embarrassed by our past stupidity. However, not all of us are so lucky, and when tragedy occurs those memories become a horrible burden that will haunt us for an eternity.

The guys in this video clip are only guilty of being fools, lets hope that their guilt stops here and they have learned a valuable lesson that will prevent them being part of the next tragedy on our roads.

Archived